Please be aware that we at the Prague meeting DO NOT have any intermediaries.
Please book everything you need to attend the conference by yourself, we do not book accomodation nor flight.
The registration will take place on Monday, May 25 at the Jaroslav Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry, AS CR, v.v.i. between 16.00-19.00. The registration is also possible on Tuesday morning.
The meeting will be hosted by the Jaroslav Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry, AS CR, v.v.i., all program will be held in the institute. J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry is situated in the northern part of Prague, in a small campus together with other research institutes. The address of the Institute is Dolejškova 2155/3, 182 23 Prague 8, Czech Republic.
The institute is easily reachable via metro C (station Ladví), or via tram 10 (station Ladví), or via bus 103, 177, 183 (station Ládví).
For the details how to get to the institute directly from the airport please go here.
The metro line C crosses the center of town and comes from the train station as well (see the map).Metro lines run very frequently between 5:00am and 00:30am. Tickets have to be purchased before boarding the metro at the price of 1.40 euros approximately.
Walk to the Institute from tram-stop or subway station Ladvi, line C is depicted in red. Note that you cannot drive to the Institute via this route - use Davidkova and Pod vodarenskou vezi streets when driving.
The most convenient ways how to reach hotels nearby the conference site:
1. we can recommend to take a taxi (for example:http://www.transport-airport-prague.com/price.html) . You can reserve the taxi prior to your arrival, the mentioned company should guarantee the prize. The price per kilometer which must be printed on both sides of the taxi and also inside the car on the front panel, may vary car by car. In any case it should not be more than 25 Kč per kilometer. There is also an "embarkment fee" (just that you enter the car) which should not exceed 40 Kč.
2. use shuttle servise from the airport to the main station, http://www.cedaz.cz/transport-from-airport-to-hotel-in-prague.php
3. or use public transport system:
- 119: Prague Airport - Nádraží Veleslavín (metro line A) - 15 min, continue to Muzeum station, than change to metro line C, station Ladvi
- Airport express: Prague Airport - Prague Main Train Station (metro line C and connection to SC, EC, IC and EN trains) - 35 min
Possible routes are also summarized here: http://www.prg.aero/en/parking-transport/transport/public-transit/
List of recommended hotels in the vicinity of the conference venue. Participants can also book hotel in the city centre, the transport to the conference venue is convenient. However, please keep in mind that the hotels in the city centre may be full as Prague is a popular destination for tourists, so book early.
In the case you opt for a hotel from the list of recommended hotels, please include "PARTICIPANT OF COST PRAGUE MEETING" in the order form.
Coffee breaks will be taken in the room adjacent to the meeting room. Please contact the organizers for any special need concerning meals or coffee breaks.
The conference banquet will take place on Thursday, May 28 at 19.30 and will be held on the Labe boat (http://www.praguesteamboats.com/) at Rašín Embankment - between the Palacký and Jirásek Bridge. All participants are welcome to join; the banquet is fully covered by the fee.
Meeting point: Conference Venue, 18.45 or at Rašín Embankment at 19.30.
The excursions will take place on Wednesday afternoon, May 27. The excursions are fully covered by the fee.
1. guided tour in Prague castle + Mala strana - the tour is scheduled for app. 2.5 hours.
Meeting point: metro station Ladví at 14.30
2. guided tour in Klementinum (http://www.klementinum.com/en/) - the tour is scheduled for app. 1 hour.
Meeting point: metro station Ladví at TBA